Montreal has several taxi companies but the number to keep saved and in mind is #TAXI. It’s a central number that gives you an option to speak to a dispatcher of a specific cab company or to a general dispatcher who will send the first available taxi to your location.
- 38$ flat rate from the Montreal International Trudeau Airport to the downtown but within these street limits (east of Atwater but west of Papineau and south of Pins, Cherrier, Sherbrooke but north of the Lachine Canal, Bridge street and the St-Lawrence River)
- 3.30$ is the starting rate
- 1.60$ per km of travel
- 0.60$ charge for waiting time
If you are staying at a hotel ask the concierge for a recommended service. Often hotels will work with specific companies for guaranteed service and quality. Remember the name of the hotel, the street and closest cross street.
You will find taxis at any entrance of a hotel in Montreal. If you’re not close to a hotel, here are a few locations:
- Corner of Cathcart street and McGill street.
- Corner of University street and Rene-Levesque street.
- Train station
- Bus terminus (Berri and de Maisonneuve)
- Amherst and Ste-Catherine street East